Head of Site Reliability Engineering
Full-time in Sydney, Australia.
Identitii is an award-winning RegTech helping financial services businesses around the world collect and securely share financial crime compliance information. Our vision is to create a trusted and transparent global financial services industry, which is accessible to everyone and where financial crime is impossible.
Based in Sydney, we are actively expanding. As we grow, we are looking for people who embody our values, and who want to make a difference at work. With us, you will have the opportunity to shape and influence a fast-growing, well-funded company, and leverage the collective genius of an experienced interdisciplinary team.
We are open, honest and transparent, with a family first mentality, and we promise to leave each day better than we found it.
We offer flexibility and generous benefits, and have a vibrant office space in Woolloomooloo.
About the role
As the Head of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) you will be at the centre of Identitii’s strategy, focused on scaling and constantly improving our technology platform, support and services. You will have accountability for the day-to-day technical delivery of contracted operational deliverables, forming, training and guiding a team of SREs and building a culture of good architecture. On a day-to-day basis, you will be:
- Performing deep dives into both systemic and latent reliability issues
- Troubleshooting issues across the entire stack
- Identifying and driving opportunities to improve automation
- Engaging in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning
- Participating in periodic on-call duties
- Representing the SRE team in design reviews and operational readiness exercises for new and existing services
- Driving best practice operational excellence, security, reliability, performance efficiency, and cost optimisation
- 3+ years’ experience in a Developer, SRE, or similar role
- Experience writing Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Experience architecting and implementing on AWS, GCP, or Azure (multiple preferable but at least one). Upskilling on the other clouds will be expected and training provided
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Software development experience (for example Java, Go or other)
- Strong technical disposition for cloud infrastructure, observability, and performance management
- Strong ITIL knowledge share and commitment to professional documentation
- Instincts for identifying, documenting and mitigating risks
- Attention to detail and a fervent belief in a Duty of Care to our clients
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Open, honest and transparent approach to work
- Desire to leverage the collective genius of your peers to get the best outcome
- Great prioritisation skills – with a focus on making the most important thing the most important thing
- Desire and ability to mentor and develop team members
How to apply
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, or you would like to know more, please send your CV and cover letter Elena Parker at [email protected].
We are always keen to keep in contact with great talent so if this isn’t you, but you would like to stay on our radar for future roles, please reach out to Elena.